[ Login | Register ]
Terms & Conditions
Property in Burgundy
Brian's Burgundy Tastings
1. General: The contract made by you on-line with us incorporates these terms, which shall prevail over any and all terms, proposed by you. You shall not be able to proceed with your purchase until you have read and agreed to these terms. Please print these online terms & conditions and retain a copy for your records. Every effort is made to ensure the complete accuracy of our website, however some prices/details contained on the website may change from time to time and it is possible that errors will occur. We will use our best endeavours to rectify any errors, as swiftly as possible but we cannot be responsible for any losses incurred.
All prices include VAT. All wines are 750 ml unless otherwise stated.
Payment can be made by credit, charge or debit card at the time of order. The price of any product is the price in force at the date and time of your order. You undertake that all details you provide to us for the purpose of purchasing products or services which may be offered by us on our web site will be correct, that the credit charge or debit card, which you use is your own and that there are sufficient funds available to cover the cost of the products ordered. We reserve the right to obtain validation of your credit charge or debit card details before accepting your order. It is our intention to process all online orders within 3 [three] working days of receiving your order.
2. Payment: We, at our discretion, and at any time during the ordering process, reserve the right to refuse to accept any order placed via our website where we deem there to be the possibility of fraudulent or criminal action; and in such instances you will be informed via electronic mail or telephone using the contact details you registered and confirmed at the time of placing your order. By registering your personal details with us and or placing an order via our website this does not impart or constitute a legally binding contract between you and us. Refusal may occur, and is not limited to, where the product is unavailable or we are unable to obtain authorisation for your payment. We also reserve the right to suspend, refuse or block access to our secure processing area for all future orders you may attempt to make. Notwithstanding this, we also reserve the right to delete, remove or destroy any details you have given to us in the course of registration or placing an order with us. In all circumstances, we will not be held liable for any financial or consequential loss arising from our refusal to accept your orderThe online order shall only be deemed accepted and fulfilled when we have received and processed your valid credit, charge or debit card payment details and we have received confirmation, via electronic or other means, that your card issuer has authorised payment for your on-line order. When we have processed and accepted your order we will confirm the legally binding contract between you and us by way of invoice by electronic mail to the email address you have given us during the registration procedure and on ordering. All reasonable efforts will be made to update the website of any price changes as they occur. Should you place an order and the price of any product is discovered to be erroneous we will contact you advising you of the correct price of the goods. You can then reconfirm or cancel your order. We will not be held liable for any financial or consequential loss arising from an incorrect price being displayed on the website
3. Damaged and Faulted goods: If you receive damaged products; note that fact on the delivery note, even before you open the packaging to examine the contents. If you are unable to open a damaged package in the presence of the carrier, make sure that you sign for it as 'damaged package - products not yet inspected', or something similar, so as to warn the carrier that a claim may be forthcoming. To cover the circumstances, please contact us by email with as much detail of the damage or loss as you can provide as soon after delivery as possible, so that the Company can arrange for the dispatch of replacement products and follow up the difficulty with the carriers. Please do not return damaged products to the company unless or until requested to do so as this may incur additional costs unnecessarily. We make every effort to ensure that our goods are dispatched in perfect condition and are confident that the quality of all our goods is consistent. However, if on the rare occasion there is a fault, please contact us by email. We will collect at no cost to you and offer a replacement or provide a full refund, according to your requirements.You can also cancel an order within twenty four hours of the initial placement by contacting us directly by phone or e-mail.
4. Site Content & Disclaimers We have used reasonable care and skill in compiling the content of our website but make no warranty, express or implied, as to the nature or accuracy of any material on the website and cannot accept liability for any particular material on the website or as a result of any use of or reliance placed upon information contained within this website. Every care is taken in the digital reproduction of all images used within the site. Due to constraints in digital reproduction, differences in web browsers and monitor displays, colour reproduction of wines may not match the actual supplied product. We will not be liable for any consequential loss or damage arising should you rely on the accuracy of the digitally reproduced images contained within this site. Every effort is made to ensure complete accuracy, however some prices/details contained on the website may change from time to time and it is possible that errors will occur. We will use our best endeavours to rectify any errors, as swiftly as possible but will not be responsible for any loss incurred. All products and prices are subject to availability. Any material downloaded or otherwise obtained through the use of the service is done at your own discretion and risk and that you will be solely responsible for any damage to your own computer system or loss of data that results from the download of any such material.
5. Intellectual Property: Intellectual Property includes but is not limited to our trademarks and service marks, website content and domain names owned by Burgundy Basement. All other trademarks and service marks used within the website remain the property of their respective owners and are used under license or by kind permission, where applicable.
6. Data Protection Compliance: At all times we will observe the requirements imposed by the Data Protection Act 1998 and we will provide the appropriate security to maintain the confidentiality of your personal data.
7. Force Majeure: Neither you nor Burgundy Basement will be held liable for any failure to perform any obligation to the other due to causes beyond your or our respective reasonable control.
8. Applicable Law: We control and operate the web site from our business premises within England. Accordingly the laws of England and Wales govern claims relating to, including the use of, this web site and the materials contained therein. If you choose to access our web site from outside England and Wales you do so on your own initiative and you hereby agree that in the event of a dispute between Burgundy Basement and you the laws of England and Wales will apply at all times. We sell to no one under the age of 18 years of age. At checkout you will be required to declare that you are over the age of 18 years of age.